Generally, tours that are pre-planned and pre-optimized by Admins or via API are given to drivers to execute without the need to make changes from the drivers’ end. However, there could be situations where allowing drivers to rearrange stops of an ongoing tour directly in the app would be beneficial.
Use cases/ Examples for drivers rearranging stops
A tour was created and started by a driver, but
- The tour wasn’t optimized yet.
- An additional booking or tour was inserted into an ongoing tour and the driver has the option to decide which stop he wants to complete next.
- Unforeseen traffic conditions where driver needs to deviate from the suggested route to execute the tour more efficiently.
How to rearrange stops as a driver in the app
This feature is enabled by default. Please note that it only works for En Route tours and not for Customer Bookings.
- The driver needs to first start a tour in the app.
- Click on Full booking details.
- Click on Update route at the top right corner of the screen.
- Drag and drop to rearrange the stops order.
- Hit Save.