Generally, tours that are pre-planned and pre-optimized are given to drivers to execute without the need to make changes from the drivers’ end. However, there could be situations where allowing drivers to reorder stops of an ongoing tour directly in the app would be beneficial.
Use cases/ Examples for drivers reordering stops
- A tour was created and started by a driver, but the tour wasn’t optimized.
- An additional booking or tour was inserted into an ongoing tour and the driver has the option to decide which stop he wants to complete next.
- Unforeseen traffic conditions where driver needs to deviate from the suggested route to execute the tour more efficiently.
How to reorder stops as a driver in the app
This feature is enabled by default. Please note that it only works for En Route tours and not for Customer Bookings.
- The driver needs to first start a tour in the app.
- Click on Full booking details.
- Click on Update route at the top right corner of the screen.
- Use drag-n-drop to change the order of stops.
- Hit Save.