The Stop deduplication feature automatically identifies and removes duplicate stops on tour routes. This feature is particularly useful when merging package tours with identical hubs.
When using the feature, please note the following:
- To determine if stop locations are the same, it is checked whether they have either the same Saved place attached or the same destination key.
- Only stops without parents can be deduplicated.
- Only stops that are marked as
scheduledcan be deduplicated.
If the Packages extension is enabled, the following additional rules apply:
- When deduplicating stops with packages, the packages will be moved into a single stop.
- The route consistency is evaluated during deduplication:
- Packages can only be picked up at their pickup place or an active hub, and they can only be delivered to active hubs or destinations.
- Packages that are to be picked up must have a planned drop-off on the same tour.
Availability and permissions
The feature is currently available for dispatchers with an admin role via the API. A tour must be in one of the following statuses:
- Scheduled (
- On Hold (
- Claimed (
- Pickable (
- Looking for drivers (
- Assigning (
- En Route (