Please read this Intro to Organizations first.
This article explains the tips for managing multiple organizations within MotionTools.
- Step-by-step guide
- Permissions: Organization manager
- Permissions: Driver
- Permissions: Fleet
- Best practices for managing multiple organizations and service areas
- Click on Organizations on the web dashboard.
- Click on + button and enter information about the organization.
- Navigate to the newly created organization and click General. Make sure that you have a unique service area assigned to this organization that is not being used by another organization.
- Click Business address and make sure to fill in all the required information.
- Note: If this step is skipped, the Invite/ Add members buttons will be disabled and you will not be able to add members or drivers.
- Click Members on the left side of the dashboard.
- Enter email address of the new member and click Invite, or
- Click Add existing members, search for a member and click Add to add an organization.
- Alternatively, org managers can be added via Settings > Members > Managers > Invite to organization > enter email address and select the organization > Invite.
- Admins can add another organization for an org manager via Settings > Members > Managers > click on the manager > Organizations > Add organization.
Managers can only see and interact with bookings assigned to their organization/s. If no organization is attached, bookings will be visible to admins only but not to managers. Read more about attaching organizations id to a booking created via API here.
- They cannot create a booking.
- They cannot edit a bookings Stop details.
- They can destroy tours and use the Merge buttons to merge multiple bookings into tours.
- They can Insert new bookings into existing tours and adjust and optimize the route via the Quick edit function.
- They can assign preferred drivers and dispatch tours to drivers.
Managers can only manage users with the driver role that are assigned to their organization. They don’t see customers, admins or other managers.
Managers don’t have access to the Settings page. Therefore they cannot change Business details, Branding, Members, Saved places, Ops configurations, Service areas, Services, Push notifications or other settings. They also don’t have access to API Keys and Webhooks.
A driver needs to be assigned to one organization. If a specific organization is attached to a booking, only drivers part of this organization can see and interact with this booking. Read more about attaching organizations id to a booking created via API here.
The organization manager or an admin can switch the driver's organization while the driver is not on an active booking, has no claimed bookings and when no payment functionality is enabled. If your business requires drivers to switch easily between multiple organizations when they enter another service area, please reach out to email@example.com to enable this configuration.
A vehicle can be sub-fleeted into an organization which only allows drivers and managers of that organization to access these assigned vehicles. These vehicles will not be visible to drivers and managers who are not part of this organization even when they are online within the same service area.
Best practices for managing multiple organizations and service areas
Depending on your operational needs, there may be instances where you will need to create more than one organization e.g. having multiple hubs that function as darkstores or pickup locations for drivers.
Multiple service areas should also be created so that each organization is assigned to a unique service area that doesn’t overlap. We recommend creating smaller service areas of 200m radius around each hub, assign the service area to the organization and then assign the driver to the organization. Read Best practices for managing multiple hubs for instant delivery for more information.