ℹ️ Each organization on MotionTools can be linked to a unique service area where drivers are assigned, and is managed by an organization manager. This page explains the tips for managing multiple organizations within MotionTools.
Assigning organizations to these user roles have an effect on access permissions and booking visibility:
The same org manager can belong to multiple, different organizations and manage vehicles and drivers according to the tenant editing permissions.
A driver needs to be assigned to one organization. The organization manager or an admin can switch the driver's organization while the driver is not on an active booking, has no claimed bookings and when no payment functionality is enabled.
- Click on Organizations on the web dashboard.
- Click on + button and enter information about the organization.
- Navigate to the newly created organization and click General. Make sure that you have a unique service area assigned to this organization that is not being used by another organization.
- Click Business address and make sure to fill in all the required information.
- Note: If this step is skipped, the Invite/ Add members buttons will be disabled and you will not be able to add members or drivers.
- Click Members on the left side of the dashboard.
- Enter email address of the new member and click Invite, or
- Click Add existing members, search for a member and click Add to add an organization.
- Alternatively, org managers can be added via Settings > Members > Managers > Invite to organization > enter email address and select the organization > Invite.
- Admins can add another organization for an org manager via Settings > Members > Managers > click on the manager > Organizations > Add organization.
If a specific organization is attached to a booking, only org managers that are a part of this organization can see and interact with this booking. If no organization is attached, bookings will be visible to admins only but not to org managers. Read more about attaching organizations id to a booking created via API here.
When a driver is assigned to a particular organization, org managers who belong to other organizations will not have access to this driver’s information. If a specific organization is attached to a booking, only drivers part of this organization can see and interact with this booking.
By default, drivers assigned to a particular organization will only be able to pick and/ or accept bookings that are created in the organization they belong to. However, if your business requires drivers to switch easily between multiple organizations, please reach out to email@example.com to enable this configuration.
A vehicle can be sub-fleeted into an organization which only allows drivers and org managers of that organization to access these assigned vehicles. These vehicles will not be visible to drivers and org managers who are not part of this organization even when they are online within the same service area.
Best practices for managing multiple organizations and service areas
Depending on your operational needs, there may be instances where you will need to create more than one organization e.g. having multiple hubs that function as darkstores or pickup locations for drivers.
Multiple service areas should also be created so that each organization is assigned to a unique service area that doesn’t overlap. We recommend creating smaller service areas of 200m radius around each hub, assign the service area to the organization and then assign the driver to the organization. Read Best practices for managing multiple hubs for instant delivery for more information.