The Quick edit feature allows Admins and Org managers to rearrange and re-optimize or remove stops of an ongoing or planned tour (On Hold or En Route). Related: Rearrange stops of an ongoing tour as a driver.
- Use cases/ Examples for using Quick edit
- How to use Quick edit
- In-app notification for updated booking
Use cases/ Examples for using Quick edit
- An admin or org manager created a tour but wants to make changes to the current route ⇒ Rearrange / Optimize / Remove stops.
- A driver started the tour too late and was unable to complete all scheduled stops. Admins or org managers decided to remove some stops of this tour to be merged into another tour, to be given to another driver.
- An additional booking or tour was inserted into an ongoing tour and the tour should be route-optimized.
How to use Quick edit
- Find a tour that is in 'On hold' or 'En Route' status.
- Click on the three dots found at the bottom corner of the Booking card.
- Select Quick edit.
- The Quick edit preview works in a similar way to the Tour builder.
- In the Quick edit preview, use the arrows or drag-and-drop option to rearrange stops.
- Click on the ‘trash bin’ to remove a stop.
- Select a ‘Start’ and optionally an ‘End’ stop, choose your optimization algorithm and hit Optimize to optimize the route.
- Note that the ETA for ‘Total distance’ and ‘Time to complete’ will get updated and reflected based on the changes made to the new route.
- Click on Update tour to apply changes.
In-app notification for updated booking
If the tour is started and in the En Route status, the driver will be notified in the app about the updated route and will be redirected to the new destination.