This page explains how to execute a tour as a driver using the MotionTools Driver app.
- Your business is configured.
- A driver was onboarded.
- A customer was created.
- A booking was created.
- A tour was created.
Execute a Tour
- Ensure that the Driver is online in the MotionTools app.
- Ensure that the driver is located in the right service area and close enough to the first stop.
- Dispatch a booking either directly or by creating a tour
- Then assign it to a driver
- Go online with a driver in the Driver app.
- Execute the Tour until it is completed.
- Make sure that the driver is online in the same service area as the tour was created in.
- The driver should see a list of 'Pickable tours'.
- Pick a tour to start.
- Follow the flow of the app executing the tour until it is done
- Scheduled tours are visible under the Requests tab in the Driver app.
- If the driver picked a scheduled tours, it will be saved in the Upcoming tab.
- The driver can start an upcoming booking X min before the scheduled time.
- The driver will be notified Y min before the scheduled time.
- If the driver does not start your upcoming booking, it expires Z min before the scheduled time and changes to an Instant tours which pops up as request to all other drivers close by to claim.
- These time variables can be changed in the Dashboard under Settings > Scheduling configuration of the service area. Read Set up your scheduling configuration for more information.
"I don't understand the process for drivers."
- View the sample video below.
“I don't get any tours in the Driver app.”
- Check if you are online as Driver with a valid internet connection and GPS enabled.
- Check if your location is displayed within the Dashboard (an icon should be visible on the map). If this is not the case, check the filter settings. Are all service areas visible and selected?
- You might be located outside of the service area. Please move to the selected service area or change the service area of the tour on the Webbooker.
“I have some other issues.”
- Please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.